Sabrina

My Life and My Family

Monday, May 08, 2006

I Can't seem to get it over with

It's been more than a week now that I've made a very big decision of letting the baby in my womb go. It's kinda heartache but I've no choice but to listen to my gynae and numerous gyneas/ professor from K.L.
The pregnancy was unexpected as I don't intend to get preggy till next year. Last month, before going to Phuket for my holiday, I went to the pharmacy and bought "Noretristerone" to stop my period from coming as from my calculation, it is suppose to come on the 13th of April which is my flight to Phuket. The week before, I had some brownish stain showing that my period is coming soon. Not knowing that I was pregnant, I took the pills for 4 days while I was in Phuket. I was feeling like normal, infact more energetic than the 1st pregnancy. That makes me even less suspect that I am pregnant.
I immediately stopped the pill the moment I got back to Malaysia. I've waited for my period to come for about a week but still no sign of it. So, I've decided to buy a pregnancy test which showed a positive line. I got so excited and told hubby about it. The next day, hubby and I went to the clinic to confirm the pregnancy. Gynae told that I was 5 weeks pregnant and the baby's due in Dec. Another December baby for me....Later on, when I told my gynae about the medication I took and asked whether it'll harm the baby or not? From the look on his face, my heart shattered into pieces and I almost broke down in the clinic. He said I have to let go of the baby as the medication which I took causes side effect to the baby. The baby might be born handicap, hormones imbalance, etc. My gynae fixed an appointment for me on the 26th April for the abortion.
I've tried my level best to get other advices from other gynaes and professor since I've got 3 more days before the abortion. But, all came back with a negative answer. At last, I've no choice but to go for the abortion.It was hard for me to accept the fact but I just don't have a choice.It's either I continue and then later on make the baby suffer when he/she's born into this world or let he/she go back and stay with the LORD.
After the abortion, thinking that my MIL would take care of me by cooking all the nice confinement food for me. But I was wrong. Not even once she cook for me confinement food, that I had to ask hubby to bring me to a chinese kopitiam to ask them to fry ginger chicken with extra ginger for me, get the herbs myself and ask my maid to put it in the slow cooker for me, etc. I was lucky to have a colleague, which is like sister to me to boil some herbal soup for me after the abortion. I wish my mom was here for me. I wish that I am back at home in Kuching after the abortion. At least I've got my aunties to take care of me.
I am going through an emotional stress at the moment and can't stop thinking of what I've done. I am being touchy lately and often quarrel with hubby for a small tiny thing. Last week, I went to the extend of going to tell hubby that I needed some time off from our marriage but luckily, I got back to my sane self again and never do that stupid mistake. I've been very down lately and would broke down anytime when I thought of it or see any relative with a growing belly. I do hope that I'll be able to get through this problem fast or else I am going to go mad.
I kept consoling myself that I can get pregnant again after 3 months according to my gynae and I am still young. But I do hope, GOD will forgive me for what I've done......

18 Comments:

At 1:06 PM , Blogger Suzanne said...

I'm sorry you've decided to abort. I have a daughter who is autistic. A birth defect isn't necessarily the end of the world. I hope you can find it in your heart to keep the baby and not kill him. God loves him, too. A handicap doesn't ruin a child.

 
At 2:19 PM , Blogger Egghead said...

OMG!! must have been really traumatizing for you and your family... hope everyone is supportive around you :)

I am sure God has a way to work his miracles around your family :)

hope you can have a sppedy recovery physically and more importantly psychologically :)

 
At 4:26 PM , Blogger Magictree said...

I am sorry to hear what you have to go through. I wouldn't know what I would have done if it is me!(altho I never supported abortion) Now that you have already taken your action and you felt you need God's forgiveness, by all means ask for forgiveness and believe that God has indeed forgiven you no matter how bad you still feel. Cry out to Him.

Do find someone to talk to. It would be totally unnatural if you can just go on as if nothing has happened. What you are feeling is real and I pray that time will heal and you will move on. Cherish the people around you!

 
At 5:45 PM , Blogger LHS said...

Your words almost made me cry. Do find a good listener for yourself if not you're quite easily to develop blues.

Don't blame yourself. God is mercy, when you cry he would cry with you, while when you seek for forgivess he would forgive you.

Thanks God that you have a good colleague! And thanks God that you have a good husband and son. Life is continuing, you must be strong in order to love your family.

It's a transition period for the moment, be strong, friend! The people around you are here to pray for you. Finally the God will bless you indeed.

 
At 6:17 PM , Blogger Lady Raven said...

Hun, God will forgive you if you ask. You were scared and pressured. It does not even sound from your blog that any tests were run to confirm the medical "opinions." I find that horribly distressing. Thanks for your blog and get plenty of rest, drink alot of water and do the spiritual work you think you need to do. It is ok to grieve your loss and it is ok to have regrets. If you wish, it is a good idea to get counseling. Take care *huggles*

Raven

 
At 8:14 AM , Blogger ZMM said...

Oh, I'm so sorry to hear this.. *hugs*.
It must have been so difficult to make the decision, but it's for the better of the baby and you.

On another note, if you know you even have a slight chance of conceiving, please confirm you are not pregnant before taking any drugs.

Hope you get well soon, and recover from this emotionally as well as physically.

 
At 10:42 AM , Blogger Sabrina said...

Thank you all for the support and consoling words. I do hope I'll be able to pull myself together and get on with my life.

 
At 3:18 PM , Blogger Princess Yoyo & family said...

first time visit to your blog and sorry to for you and your family. Hope you will be fine soon.

 
At 5:32 PM , Blogger chanelwong said...

Be strong and share out in blog or calling your close friend will be good. You can call me if you need to. I have a few friends who actually experienced the same thing like you...

Take good care of yourself...

 
At 7:12 AM , Blogger jazzmint said...

hey girl, stay strong and you will overcome this obstacle very fast. Think positive as well, I think that will be very important for speedy recover.

Take care and keep us updated.

On another note, finally you migrated to blogspot :)

 
At 9:25 AM , Blogger Sabrina said...

Jazzmint: I've already migrated for quite sometime already.Hehe

 
At 7:50 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sad to read about the awful experience you had to go through. I hope that it was your own decision and not pressure from the gynae to do this. I also hope that they gave you some sort of counselling before the procedure and offer to support you after the trauma. I don't know what it's like in Malaysia nowadays but I would recommend that you see a counsellor. This will not be something that you can get over with as it'll be there for the rest of your life and you just have to deal with it.

 
At 10:49 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Sabrina,
Really don't know what to say. All I can say is take care and get well soon.

 
At 11:15 PM , Blogger Linda said...

hi Sabrina,
Hope u r better now. Must be strong to overcome this. Share any sadness or uncomfortable to ur nearest. Dun keeping mum. It is bad to ur health.
Be strong!! I believe that u can do it!!

 
At 3:52 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sab, hope by now, u feel much much better. Do take care ya!

 
At 3:59 PM , Blogger Jess said...

sorry, the anony. is me!

 
At 5:25 PM , Blogger froginkl said...

i gained strength, courage and confidence by every experience by which i have really stopped to look at the fear in my face.

i say to myself.
"i'll live through this horror, i can take the next thing tat comes along."

as long as i am still alive will this strength, courage and confidence be carried on and to be passed on to everyone and anyone i have befriended.

froginkl

 
At 1:52 PM , Blogger Mumsgather said...

I'm sorry to hear about what you went through. It may sound harsh but its done and you have to move on. Look back not in regret but rather look back to find what you should learn from this ie. never take anything drugs/herbs/whatever that could harm your own health and especially so when there is even the slimmest of chance that you may conceive without your knowledge as your did. You have to come to terms with it and not let it affect your relationships especially with your hubby, Keith and ILs. Difficult times like these should bring you closer not further apart ok? Take care of yourself.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home