Sabrina

My Life and My Family

Monday, May 29, 2006

Goodbye Baby Cot

Last month, my maid broke the sliding door of the baby cot when she fell on it on her two knees while she was carrying Keith to put him in the cot. Luckily, Keith was alright as he almost slip from my maid's hand.So, last Friday, hubby decided to dismantle the door of the cot and turn it into a bed for Keith, like Zara's mom did. Keith slept in his modified cot on Friday night itself. After that, we were away during the weekend to attend a birthday party in Sg. Petani. We came back on Sunday evening and that was the end of Keith's baby cot's LIFE. My step daughter who weights about 32kg at the age of 9 ran and jump on the cot. The cot broke into two and Keith couldn't sleep on it anymore.
As it is, hubby was so happy that I've finally put Keith in his modified bed and hubby got rid of Keith from the bed.Hahaha....In the end, Keith is back on the bed with us again. Hubby was so frustrated that he said he's going to sleep on the floor, which he didn't do.Hahaha.....
MIL saw the broken cot outside the house next to our rubbish bin and I told her about it. In the afternoon, when I went back for lunch, we saw the cot missing, thinking that the MPT might have taken it away. But, I was wrong. The dismantled cot was in my MIL's house. She said that we don't know how to appreciate money by throwing the cot away. Hubby told her off that it's already broken and of course it will not last coz' it got soaked in the water when his house got flooded years ago. MIL said she's ask the carpenter to fix it and it would cost only RM50. Hubby told her she can keep it. She's being silly thinking that her money RM50 is so big taht she could get that cot done for that price. No way, with the damage of the cot. Nothing is cheap nowadays.
Well, she can do wat she wants with it since she think that her RM50 would be able to cover the labour and material to fix that cot.

9 Comments:

At 6:51 PM , Blogger ZMM said...

Looks like it's another cot then!
But Keith is so much older now, you may want to buy a bed with bed guard.

Ikea has really nice ones and I'm sure you'd seen them.

If all goes well with the pregnancy, I plan to get Zara one of those too.

 
At 11:16 PM , Blogger Tracy said...

Keith's a big boy lor, doesn't need to sleep in the cot. Maybe get him a bed to sleep on his own or get a BIG tilam and sleep together! (heehee, get what I mean?)

As for ur MIL, I think she doesn't want the cot to go to waste. U know lar, old folks, can't blame them lar. "Tai hoi tit lar" (look far a little lar)

 
At 7:03 AM , Blogger Egghead said...

you can have my cot... since my son dun sleep in it :(

 
At 1:57 PM , Blogger Jess said...

your MIL just like mine too! we threw, she keep! :(

i still hv a cot too, both girls refuse to sleep after 2 months!! Later will pass to SIL since she is pregnant now!

 
At 6:21 PM , Blogger LHS said...

Yalo, RM50 is impossible for repairing the cot la..

If for my MIL, she will say is all my fault to throw away the cot!!

 
At 12:08 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

WOW... 9 years old and 32kg... very big girl huh? *blush* I'm not even 40kg. Eheheh...

 
At 1:55 PM , Blogger jazzmint said...

waiya...32kg on the cot, patutlah!!!

i think once broken can't be fix liao, even fix also won't be safe to use

 
At 2:22 PM , Blogger Sue said...

yalor, repair already also wont be safe to use ...

 
At 5:30 PM , Blogger Sabrina said...

Zara's mama: Ya lor. Guess I'll get it when I have the next bb. As for Keith, my room ran out of space. I guess he has to sleep with us.hehehe.

Tracy:Hai...oldfolks are like that lar. Now the cot is lying outside their hse and nothing being done yet.

Egghead:TQ.You can send it to my hse ah..hehehe..

Jesslyn: Since the cot is still ok, ur SIL can make use mah. No need to buy.

Hui Sia: Hehe..Your MIL same like mine lar. Will blame that we purposely break it in order to buy new one.

Irene: Hehe..She can fit into my jeans. Can you believe it?

Jazzmint: I sat n slept on the cot oso no prob wor and I weight 48kg leh

Sue: Ya lor. Not safe at all. Give me back oso I won't put Keith or the next bb inside. Don't want to take the risk.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home