Sabrina

My Life and My Family

Thursday, October 26, 2006

Trip to Philippines

Deepavali was great as I still have my share of "Ang Pow" from my in laws and hubby's uncles and grandma.Hehe...But I am at a loss too coz' I have to give out "Ang Pow" to the kids...With Deepavali and Chinese New Year celebration, I am losing a lot of money.

22ND OCTOBER

This long holidays, Hubby, Ruby, Keith, MIL, SIL's MIL and I went to Philippines. Our flight is at 7.20am on Sunday. We reached the airport at about 6.30am and we were late. Hubby ran to the check in counter while carrying Keith while the rest of us were busy scanning our bags. LCCT was packed with ppl. We had to queue up to scan our bags.By the time we reached the counter, hubby was waiting for us to check in the bags.
The flight was not full and Keith got a sit for himself. This will be his last infant/toddler fare as he'll be two by the end of the year. Keith was really excited to board the plane and he only slept during the last 1 hour journey. The journey to Philippines was 4 hours. We landed at Clark at about 11.20pm. Hubby's relative (Ranjit) came to fetch us with 2 of his company drivers. He's been working in the Philippines at Hard Rock Cafe, Makati for two years.
When we landed, we have to sit in the 4WD for another 2 hours to reach Makati. On our way, we packed KFC for lunch. Throughout the journey, I saw Mexico, Angeles, etc. written on the signboard. The cars and road are driven on the left side. I felt like as though I was in USA except for the scenery.Hehe...I saw many huge billboards along the way and even in the city. Most of it was destroyed during the storms which hit Philippines. By the time we reached the apartment, it was about 3.30pm. We were staying at one of the MAA director's apartment. He's a Malaysian and was away for his Raya holidays.
The moment the luggages were in the room, I quickly unpacked and filled the bathtub with bubbles for the kids to bath. I was busy washing all the dirty clothes while Keith and Ruby played in the tub. Suddenly, Keith started to poo poo inside. Ruby jumped out of the bathtub while I quickly carry Keith to the toilet bowl.I had to ask hubby to release the tub water and refill it again while I picked up the poo poo from the bath tub. Hubby splashed hot water all over it before refilling it again.
After shower, we went out for dinner at Hard Rock Cafe. It was located about 10 mins walk from the apartment. Hard Rock Cafe is inside a very huge shopping mall. After dinner, MIL, SIL's MIL, Ruby, Keith and I went shopping while Hubby and Ranjit went to a pub nearby to watch Liverpool vs Manchaster United. We were suppose to walk back to the apartment using the overhead bridge linked to a departmental store. Business hour is till 9pm . By 8.20pm, we walked to the departmental store called The Landmark to use the overhead bridge. But when we reached there, it was already closed. I called Ranjit and told him about the situation. He came after that with his friend to fetch us back by car to the apartment.
Today's shopping really blow a hole in hubby's pocket.Hehehe..... At the apartment, Keith refuse to sleep and walking in and out of my room and MIL's room. For awhile he wants to sleep with MIL, then with me, etc. At last, he decided to sleep with me coz' he don't want me to hug Ruby to sleep. He was pushing and hitting Ruby coz' he don't want her to touch me. At last, I had to sleep with him on the bed while Ruby sleep on mattress on the floor. We have to get up early for our trip to the Volcano tomorrow.

4 Comments:

At 9:31 AM , Blogger chanelwong said...

Happy Holidays !!!!

 
At 9:39 AM , Blogger laundryamah said...

the part where ur son poo-pooed in the bathtube was really funny! hahaha....touch wood..haven't happened to my kids before!

 
At 9:54 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

How nice to have a short holiday and with PIL as well.

 
At 12:39 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

You so syok hor, can travel so frequent! Show us what u bought!!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home