Sabrina

My Life and My Family

Saturday, November 11, 2006

Trip To Philippines Part 3

24th October

Today is my shopping spree. MIL and SIL's MIL wanted to go for a SPA. We sent them to the SPA which is also in the same building where we're shopping.
After shopping, we went to HRC for lunch. Then, the ladies decided to do a little shopping. We went back to the apartment at about 4.30p.m. to get bath and relax for awhile. At about 6p.m.,we going to another shopping complex which is quite far away. This shopping complex is something like Sg. Wang. I got a shock when I went into the mainentrance, there was a booth right in the middle selling guns. Is it legal in this country to own a gun???
After a short tour around the shopping complex, we went to a Chinese restaurant for dinner. We went back to the apartment at about 9p.m. to do our packing coz' we are leaving quite early tomorrow. Hubby,Ranjit, his gf and I went to HRC to get some merchandise and also a couple of drinks. I went back to the apartment early coz' I needed to do packing. My shopping spree makes me ended up with 2 bags full of new clothes.Hehe.....

25th October

I got up at about 5.30 am today. Our transport suppose to be here at 7am. I took my shower and did some last minute packing. Then, I woke Ruby up to get her clean up and changed. Keith is still in dreamland when our transport came.
He got up almost 8a.m. and I got him changed in the van. He was yacking all the way to Clark while everyone was so sleepy in the van. He was such a good boy and manage to sit down quietly in the van.
At the airport, we scanned all our bags and even have to take off our shoes for scanning. The queue was quite long when we reached there. By the time it's our turn, we saw an old man trying to talk to the lady at the check in counter. He was speaking in Malay and the lady couldn't understand him. At last, the lady asked hubby to translate for her.Apparently, this poor man got robbed 2 days ago. He had no money to pay for his airport tax. If he never pay, he cannot go through the immigration to go back. We felt pity for the old man and decided to pay for him. He was in tears when he was explaining to us what had happened to him. He told us that he was here with a close friend and the friend left him after he got robbed. The robbers pointed a gun on his head and he gave them all his money, watch, handphone and a gold ring.He begged them for some money and they've only given him RM10 back. He still have his wallet with him but without money. He's a police pensioner from Sri Aman and this was his first time going for a holiday out of Malaysia.
At the immigration, he was pulled aside by the officer. Again, he was speaking in Malay and they couldn't understand him. They wanted to handcuff him coz' he had overstayed. Hubby explained to them that he got robbed a few days ago. I guess it's quite common for this thing to happen there and they let him go. At the boarding area, I've bought a box of doughnuts to eat and a few bottles of water. I gave the old man 2 doughnuts and a bottle of water. He must have been hungry for not having any money to eat. He was kinda worried that he cannot board the plane to go back. He lost all his contact numbers and he didn't know how to contact his family members. He has 2 sons in KL but don't know how to contact them.Hubby and I decided to buy him an air ticket to go back once we reached KL, if his family members didn't turn up at the airport.
On the aeroplane, I bought a sandwich for him even thought he said he's full. It's a four hours journey and I am sure he'll be hungry. At the airport, his daughter in law was there waiting for him. He was so happy and kept thanking both of us.
We went back staright to Taiping and reached there almost 10p.m. FIL called and wanted us to join him for dinner but we were all to tired to go. At home, while I was busy unpacking, I realised one of the bag was not in the room. I asked hubby to go downstairs and bring it up. Hubby searched the whole living room and couldn'y find it. At last, I realised that I forgot to carry it from the belt at the airport. Hubby quickly called the lost and found at LCCT. We managed to get them after numerous calls. They'll send the bag to Penang airport on the first flight tomorrow morning.Phew...That bag was full with our new jeans and t-shirts.....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home