Sabrina

My Life and My Family

Tuesday, March 06, 2007

Bali Trip during CNY 2007

This year, we didn't celebrate CNY in Taiping nor in Kuching. We went to Bali instead for a family trip. I brought my dad along to Bali since he was alone in Kuching and my uncles and aunties went to KL for a holiday.
We went to Bali in the evening on new year's eve. By the time we reached there for a family reunion dinner, it was almost 9pm. We went to Jimbaran beach for a very nice dinner. I saw a very big family celebrating reunion dinner there. Such a big happy family.Hehe...So nice. I wish I could do that when I am old. Celebrating reunion dinner and cny somewhere else with the whole family.
Anyway, we were in Bali for 4 days 3 nights. It's my 2nd trip to Bali after 5 years. We went there for our honeymoon instead of Europe coz' it was winter during that time and we decided not to go. Hubby still owe me my Europe tour.Hehe...Guess I have to wait till the kids are a little older to go for that trip. I love Bali a lot compare to Phuket. It's so beautiful and relaxing. Very very low rate of crime coz' people there are so into GOD. Majority are Hindus. Guess that's why people named Bali as the "Island of God".
We went for the Kecak dance and also the Barong dance on the 2nd day coz' they've never been for the show before except for hubby and I. The dancers are the same. We even went to Ubud to get some cheap carvings and souviners. We went to Uluwatu to visit the temple in the sea. It was a very beautiful place too.
Barong Dance "Lion"






On the way to Ubud
Very holy temple at the back of us.








Dad and I







Very huge bat

Saw this bad in front of a shop. Never seen such a huge bat before. It's as big as a monkey





Another holy temple and also Kecak Dance








Beautiful scenary at Uluwatu

Sunset at Uluwatu





Kecak Dance
The Monkey






Monkey surrounded by fire






Kecak dance, is located at a temple where you can see sunset and beautiful view of the ocean. We were told to wear sarong coz' it's a temple ground coz' most of us were wearing shorts. The only thing that I hate is the monkeys. A monkey actually jumped up on Ruby's head when we were walking towards to Kecak dance area. Ruby was wearing a hair accessories which looks like a bunch of grape. Which is why the monkey jumped and tried to pull it. Luckily she was quick enough to push the monkey to the ground. My dad tried to kick the monkey but it ran away.
Keith was sleeping and we had to use the stroller to the Kecak Dance area. When we reached there, we had to carry him because there were no place to keep the stroller. Guess what??He did his big job at the wrong time and I had to walk so far with hubby to clean him up. While walkign towards the toilet, I missed a step and fell on my knee. Got a big bruise on my knee. Luckily I was not carrying Keith or else both of us would have fall. We missed part of the dance but didn't bother coz' we've seen the show earlier. The dancers actually put a joss stick on the mask that they were wearing coz' they believe it is to ask permission from the Holy ones. The most horrible thing that happened was when the man dressed up as a monkey was on trance kicked a fire ball directly at a Japanese tourist. The place where she was sitting was a dangerous place but don't know why they still let her sit there. My dad was standing nearby and saw the whole thing. The fireball actually hit the Japanese girl and she fall backward on her chair and it burned the face, body and hair. Luckily, someone sitting nearby went and help her to put off some fire on her hair and clothes. Such a scary incident.

Hotel breakfast area
Hard Rock Cafe




Huge Teddy Bear outside of HRC Merchandise shop








Keith braided his hair.
It's hair extension
Look at my braided hair






Manicure (My hand and Ruby's)
Massage area in the hotel








On the 3rd day, it was a shopping spree. Ruby and I went and did our hair in a shop opposite the hotel. Looks like everyone is doing it so we went and did it too. After that, we went shopping for a few hours and had a very late lunch at Hard Rock Cafe. After lunch, we quickly went back to the hotel coz' it was about to rain. I out up bubble bath for the kids and went out with hubby again to grab some stuffs. Dad was in the room taking care of the 2 kids. Hehe... By the time we went back home, Ruby already dressed Keith up. At nite, I didn't follow them out for a drink as I need to take care of the 2 kids in the room. Don't dare to put them in the room alone.

Keith's so called "Choo Choo Train"









The next day, our flight was at 1p.m. We did a bit of last minute shopping before we leave. When we reached LCCT, it was almost 4.30p.m. All of us got stuck in the aeroplane for almost an hour due to heavy rain. By the time we reached Subang, it was about 6p.m. I quickly bath Keith and bath him coz' we were suppose to meet up with my uncles and aunties in KL. We had dinner together that nite and left KL for Taiping at about 9.30pm. By the time we reached Taiping, it was almost 1a.m. Hubby and dad quickly carry our luggages into the house while I carried Keith into the room. We had our shower and went to bed.

4 Comments:

At 1:22 PM , Blogger Jess said...

Winter in EU is great and fun too! Plus u can get the chance to see snow! :)

 
At 9:39 PM , Blogger jazzmint said...

wah bali for cny, that's cool.

where are the pics?

 
At 4:58 PM , Blogger chanelwong said...

detail write up on Bali..most important you all enjoy yourself..

 
At 9:34 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow.. so cool... But that incident that hit the Japanese girl was really scary.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home